Sony WF-1000XM4 Industry Leading Noise Canceling Truly Wireless Earbud Headphones with Alexa Built-in, Black
$94.97 in stock
- Industry-leading noise canceling bluetooth earbuds with the new Integrated Processor V1. .Magnet : High-power neodymium magnets, Frequency Response (Bluetooth Communication) : 20 Hz–20,000 Hz (44.1 kHz sampling) 20 Hz–40000 Hz, (LDAC 96 kHz sampling, 990 kbps) / 20 Hz–20,000 Hz (44.1 kHz sampling)..Quick Attention : Yes. DSEE Extreme : Yes
- Exceptional sound quality with new Integrated Processor V1 and supporting LDAC codec.
- Crystal-clear call quality, beamforming microphone and a bone-conduction sensor provide clear voice detection even in noisy environments
- Speak-to-chat technology automatically reduces volume during conversations.Note:If you face issue in Bluetooth connectivity please turn off the Bluetooth function for a couple of minutes, then turn it back on
- 8 hours long battery with Noise Canceling
As an audiophile and tech enthusiast, I’ve spent many hours with various sets of earbuds. So, when I first got my hands on the Sony WF-1000XM4, I was naturally quite intrigued. With Sony’s reputation for exceptional audio products, my expectations were sky-high. I was keen to see if these lived up to the hype.
The moment I unboxed the Sony WF-1000XM4, they exuded a sense of refined quality. They felt solid, well-built, with a substantial weight to them that instantly speaks volumes about their potential. Now, let’s dive into my experience with these much-talked-about earbuds.
II. Design and Comfort
At first glance, the Sony WF-1000XM4s look sleek and premium. They have a more rounded design compared to the previous generation and come in a matte finish. The design is simple and understated, yet very modern. The case, while slightly bulky, exudes quality and robustness.
- Design: Matte finish, modern look, slightly bulky case
- Comfort: Comfortable for extended use, foam tips
Using the WF-1000XM4s for extended periods was a delight. They come with foam tips, which adapt to the shape of your ear canal, ensuring a snug fit. Despite a few hours of continuous use, I didn’t experience any significant discomfort.
III. Sound Quality
Sony’s reputation for delivering excellent sound quality is well known, and the WF-1000XM4s don’t disappoint. Whether I was listening to rock, classical, or EDM, the sound reproduction was nothing short of exceptional. The bass was deep and punchy, mids were well balanced, and the treble was clear without being piercing.
- Sound Profile: Deep and punchy bass, balanced mids, clear treble
- Performance: Excellent sound reproduction across all genres
The volume levels on the WF-1000XM4s were impressive. Even at high volume levels, the sound remained crystal clear, without any distortion. The soundstage is wide, allowing for good separation of instruments and vocals.
IV. Noise Cancellation
Sony has always been a frontrunner in noise cancellation technology, and the WF-1000XM4s are no exception. They managed to drown out most of the background noise in various settings, from a bustling coffee shop to a busy street.
- Performance: Excellent noise cancellation across various environments
- Comparison: Comparable to other leading noise-cancelling earbuds
Despite being earbuds, the noise cancellation was almost on par with some over-ear headphones I’ve tried. The earbuds also have an ambient sound mode, which allows some noise in for safety when you’re out and about.
V. Connectivity and Control
The WF-1000XM4s connected seamlessly with all my devices. Whether I was using my phone, laptop, or tablet, the earbuds maintained a strong and stable connection. The Sony Headphones Connect app allowed for easy customization of the sound profile and controls.
- Connectivity: Seamless connection with all devices
- App Control: Easy customization of sound profile and controls
The on-ear controls took a bit of getting used to but proved to be very functional. From controlling the volume and track selection to answering calls, the touch controls were responsive and intuitive.
VI. Battery Life
Battery life on the WF-1000XM4s was solid. On a single charge, I managed to get around 8 hours of playback with noise cancellation turned on, which is impressive. The case provides an additional two full charges.
- Battery Longevity: Approximately 8 hours on a single charge with noise cancellation
- Charging: Case provides two additional full charges
The earbuds support quick charging, with a 5-minute charge giving me around 60 minutes of playback time, which came in handy on more than one occasion.
VII. Call Quality
I found the call quality to be very good on the WF-1000XM4s. The people I spoke with said my voice came through clear, even in noisy environments. The microphones did a good job of reducing background noise.
- Call Quality: Clear voice transmission
- Background Noise: Effective reduction in various environments
VIII. Additional Features
Some of the extra features I found particularly useful included the Speak-to-Chat function, which automatically pauses your music when you start talking. There’s also an IPX4 rating for water resistance, making these earbuds a good choice for workouts or use in the rain.
- Speak-to-Chat: Automatically pauses music when you start talking
- Water Resistance: IPX4 rating
IX. Price and Value
The Sony WF-1000XM4s aren’t cheap. But considering the audio quality, noise cancellation capabilities, battery life, and additional features, I believe they offer good value for money. They outperform many other earbuds in the same price range.
- Price: Premium range
- Value: Good value considering features and performance
After spending considerable time with the Sony WF-1000XM4, I can confidently say they live up to the hype. The sound quality, noise cancellation, and battery life are all top-notch. They are well-designed, comfortable for long-term use, and come with a plethora of useful features.
In my opinion, if you’re in the market for premium wireless earbuds and don’t mind shelling out for them, these should be on your shortlist. They cater well to the needs of audiophiles, busy professionals, and everyday users who want superior audio quality in a compact form.
XI. Pros and Cons
To summarize, here are the pros and cons I found while using the Sony WF-1000XM4:
- Excellent sound quality across all genres
- Outstanding noise cancellation
- Comfortable for extended use
- Solid battery life with quick charge support
- Premium design and robust build quality
- The case is slightly bulky
- On-ear controls might take some time getting used to