Ninja AF161 Max XL Air Fryer that Cooks, Crisps, Roasts, Bakes, Reheats and Dehydrates, with 5.5 Quart Capacity, and a High Gloss Finish, Grey
$116.95 in stock
11 used from $99.99
In my quest for healthier cooking alternatives, I’ve had my eyes on the Ninja Air Fryer Max XL. This highly-rated appliance claims to offer a variety of cooking methods with minimal oil, so I was excited to put it to the test in my kitchen.
From the unboxing, it was clear that this is a robust, well-built appliance. As I embarked on the journey of exploring its features and performance, I found it living up to its claims.
II. Design and Build
The Ninja Air Fryer Max XL has a sleek, modern design with a black and silver finish. It is relatively compact for an air fryer of its capacity, allowing it to fit comfortably on my countertop without hogging too much space.
- Design: Sleek, modern, compact
- Build: Sturdy and robust
The air fryer’s build quality is impressive, with a ceramic-coated, nonstick basket that is easy to clean. The control panel is intuitive and easy to navigate, with clear buttons and a digital display.
III. Cooking Performance
The Ninja Air Fryer Max XL performed admirably across a variety of cooking tasks. The Max Crisp Technology delivers up to 450 degrees of superheated air, resulting in food that was crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.
- Cooking Range: Up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Performance: Crispy, evenly cooked food across various tasks
Whether I was frying, roasting, reheating, or dehydrating, the results were consistently good. The air fryer also preheats quickly, saving me time in the kitchen.
With a 5.5-quart capacity, the Ninja Air Fryer Max XL is large enough to cook for a family. I was able to fit up to 3 pounds of fries or chicken wings at a time, making meal preparation for larger groups more manageable.
- Capacity: 5.5-quart basket
- Cooking Volume: Fits up to 3 pounds of food
Despite its sizeable cooking capacity, the appliance itself is compact enough to not take up too much countertop space.
V. Ease of Use
The Ninja Air Fryer Max XL is simple to operate, even for those unfamiliar with air fryers. The intuitive control panel and the one-touch cooking functions made it easy for me to select the desired cooking method and temperature.
- Control Panel: Intuitive, easy to navigate
- Ease of Use: One-touch cooking functions, easy temperature and time control
Additionally, the included recipe guide was a great starting point for trying out different dishes, and it helped me understand the capabilities of the air fryer better.
VI. Cleaning and Maintenance
The Ninja Air Fryer Max XL is designed with easy cleaning in mind. The ceramic-coated basket is nonstick, dishwasher safe, and easy to remove, which made post-cooking cleanup a breeze.
- Cleaning: Easy, thanks to nonstick, removable, and dishwasher-safe basket
- Maintenance: Minimal maintenance required
VII. Additional Features
The Ninja Air Fryer Max XL also comes with a dehydrate function, which allows you to make homemade snacks like dried fruits or jerky. The reheat function is perfect for restoring leftovers to their original crispiness.
- Dehydrate Function: Allows for making homemade dried snacks
- Reheat Function: Restores leftovers to original crispiness
VIII. Price and Value
While the Ninja Air Fryer Max XL is not the cheapest option on the market, its features, build quality, and cooking performance justify the price. Given the versatility it brings to the kitchen, it offers excellent value.
- Price: Moderately high
- Value: Excellent value for the price, given the features and performance
In conclusion, the Ninja Air Fryer Max XL delivers on its promise of providing a healthier cooking alternative without compromising on taste or texture. With its excellent cooking performance, ease of use, and easy cleaning, it’s a worthy addition to any kitchen.
X. Pros and Cons
To conclude my experience with the Ninja Air Fryer Max XL, here are its pros and cons:
- Excellent cooking performance across a variety of tasks
- Large capacity while remaining compact
- Easy to use and clean
- Additional features like dehydrate and reheat functions
- Price may be high for some
- Exterior can get hot during use
- Can be a bit noisy
- Takes a while to cool down after use.