FiiO FD3 Earphones in-Ear Earbuds High Resolution 1DD Bass Heavy MMCX Connector Replaceable Cable with 3.5mm Plugs (Black)
- [Flagship-level DLC diamond diaphragm, for an amazing, powerful sound]: The FD3 headphones benefits from the numerous advantages of FiiO's new dynamic driver. The diaphragm is made of Diamond Like Carbon (DLC) which is both impressively rigid and helps to reduce unneeded distortion yet also surprisingly light, allowing the driver to have excellent transient response. The result is a driver with excellent sound quality and minimal distortion with the added bonus of being ultra-sensitive.
- [Flagship-grade acoustic prism, take your breath away]: The acoustic prism so effectively used in the flagship FD5 for great sound quality is also featured in the FD3. Like with the FD5, the acoustic prism system brings numerous benefits such as eliminating high frequency standing waves, enhancing overall sound wave diffusion, and even effectively solving the problem of time delay caused by sound wave propagation path in the cavity. This all leads to marvelous sound quality.
- [Better sound with semi-open design,makes you less tiring and the sound less forced]: The semi-open design of the FD3 based on FiiO's patented technology for balanced air pressure within brings several advantages. Not only does such a design lead to more natural sound, but it also effectively protects your hearing by balancing air pressure within the FD3 leading to less pressure on your eardrums.
- [2.5D film coating glass faceplate] The unique celluloid panel is covered with 2.5D film coating glass for a pure yet fresh transparent look. And the aluminum-magnesium alloy of the body makes the FD3 exceptionally light, making it easier and more pleasurable to carry around. And the aluminum-magnesium alloy main body is made in an industrial process combining five-axis CNC processing and hand polishing.
- [Well-equipped just for you] The well-received interchangeable sound tubes also make an appearance on the FD3, The cable adopts an expanded MMCX connector for easier cable changes; the curved audio plug design makes it easier to plug into; and 4 strands of high-purity monocrystalline copper wires for a total of 120 wires make your music and vocals simply vivid.
Looking for a pair of in-ear monitors that deliver exceptional sound quality without breaking the bank?
Enter the FiiO FD3 Pro.
Priced at just $140, these little gems pack a punch with their 12mm DLC diaphragm dynamic driver and interchangeable nozzle filters.
But what really sets them apart is their tonality rating of 7.8/10, providing a fun, energetic, and gently bright sound signature that will leave you craving more.
And did we mention the weighty and punchy bass?
Get ready to dive into our detailed review of the FiiO FD3 Pro and prepare to be blown away.
FiiO FD3 Pro Review
The FiiO FD3 Pro is an IEM (in-ear monitor) that is priced at $140.
It features a 12mm DLC diaphragm dynamic driver and comes with interchangeable nozzle filters.
The tonality is rated at 7.8/10 and the technicalities are rated at 7.2/10.
The FD3 Pro has a sturdy and elegant metal construction with a double glass back plate.
It comes with a protective case and includes 10 pairs of eartips.
The modular cable has 2.5mm, 4.4mm, and 3.5mm jacks.
In terms of sound, the FD3 Pro has a fun, energetic, and gently bright signature with thumpy bass, dense timbre, good notes weight, and cohesive tonality.
The soundstage is wide and tall.
It performs well with male vocals but has average technicalities, resolution, and transparency.
It has a slightly rolled off bass and treble, with a lack of air and sparkle on the top end.
The FD3 Pro is recommended for those who prefer a lush and energetic bassy tonality and offers great value for its price.
- The FiiO FD3 Pro is priced at $140 and is an IEM (in-ear monitor).
- It features a 12mm DLC diaphragm dynamic driver and comes with interchangeable nozzle filters.
- The tonality is rated at 7.8/10 and the technicalities are rated at 7.2/10.
- The FD3 Pro has a sturdy and elegant metal construction with a double glass back plate.
- It comes with a protective case and includes 10 pairs of eartips.
- The modular cable has 2.5mm, 4.4mm, and 3.5mm jacks.
Check this out:
💡 Did You Know?
1. The FiiO FD3 Pro uses a hybrid driver configuration, combining a dynamic driver and a balanced armature driver, resulting in a more detailed and dynamic sound reproduction.
2. The FD3 Pro features a unique 3D-printed acoustic structure called the Beryllium-plated dome, which helps in reducing sound distortion and improving clarity.
3. FiiO collaborated with a German manufacturer to develop the premium Knowles balanced armature driver used in the FD3 Pro, ensuring top-notch audio performance.
4. To enhance bass response, the FD3 Pro utilizes a patented technology called the DLP (Diffuse Light Port), which significantly increases the volume and depth of low-frequency sounds.
5. The FD3 Pro’s design is inspired by lava flows, with its mesmerizing, swirling patterns on the shell created through a complicated and precise vacuum electroplating process.
1. FiiO FD3 Pro: Affordable IEM With Impressive Features
The FiiO FD3 Pro is an IEM (in-ear monitor) that offers a range of impressive features at an affordable price point of $140. Its standout feature is the 12mm DLC diaphragm dynamic driver, which delivers outstanding sound quality. This driver produces a fun, energetic, and gently bright sound signature that appeals to audiophiles and casual listeners alike.
Additionally, the FiiO FD3 Pro comes with interchangeable nozzle filters, allowing users to customize their listening experience. The tonality is rated at 7.8/10, indicating a well-balanced sound with a slight emphasis on the bass. The technicalities are rated at 7.2/10, indicating average performance in terms of resolution and transparency.
The package includes a protective case to keep the IEM safe during transportation, as well as 10 pairs of eartips to ensure a comfortable fit for every user. The modular cable is a standout feature, as it includes 2.5mm, 4.4mm, and 3.5mm jacks, making it compatible with a wide range of devices. The metal construction with a double glass back plate lends the FD3 Pro a sturdy and elegant design, further enhancing its appeal.
2. Design And Build: Sturdy Construction And Elegant Design
The FiiO FD3 Pro features a meticulously crafted and sturdy disc-shaped body, constructed from aluminium-magnesium alloy, providing a superior and robust feel. The MMCX connectors ensure a secure and reliable connection between the IEM and the cable.
Moreover, the FD3 Pro includes an 8-strand 152-core Litz structure silver-plated monocrystalline copper cable, which not only enhances the overall build quality but also ensures exceptional conductivity. This aesthetically pleasing cable offers a tangle-free listening experience.
Additionally, one of the standout design features of the FD3 Pro is the interchangeable nozzle filters, allowing users to fine-tune the sound according to their personal preferences. The availability of balanced and black filters caters to different tonal characteristics, offering versatility in sound customization. Furthermore, the semi-open design with a small vent contributes to a more expansive soundstage, enhancing the overall enjoyment of listening.
3. Sound Performance: Energetic And Lush Bass Signature
The FiiO FD3 Pro delivers a sound signature that is characterized by its fun, energetic, and gently bright tonality. The bass response is thumpy and weighty, appealing to listeners who enjoy a punchy low-end. The mids are slightly recessed but still provide good notes weight and a warmish character. The treble is bright and energetic, with a soft edge that prevents it from being too fatiguing.
The FD3 Pro boasts a wide and tall soundstage, creating a spacious and immersive listening experience. It excels in reproducing male vocals, with clear and detailed renditions. However, its technical performance is average, with resolution and transparency falling short compared to higher-end IEMs.
While the FD3 Pro’s sound signature offers an enjoyable bassy tonality, it does have some drawbacks. The bass and treble are rolled off, lacking a bit of impact and sparkle on the top end. Additionally, the imaging can be subpar, especially with complex or bass-heavy tracks. However, these drawbacks are minor when considering the overall sound performance.
– Fun, energetic, and gently bright sound signature
– Thumpy and weighty bass response
– Slightly recessed mids with good note weight and warmish character
– Bright and energetic treble with a soft edge
– Wide and tall soundstage for a spacious and immersive experience
– Excellent reproduction of male vocals
– Average technical performance in terms of resolution and transparency
– Rolled off bass and treble, lacking impact and sparkle
– Subpar imaging, particularly with complex or bass-heavy tracks
4. Technical Performance: Average Resolution And Transparency
In terms of technical performance, the FiiO FD3 Pro offers average resolution and transparency. While it doesn’t excel in these areas, it neither disappoints. The soundstage width and height are above average, providing a sense of spaciousness and depth to the music. However, the depth of the soundstage falls slightly short compared to higher-end IEMs.
The FD3 Pro’s technical performance is sufficient for most listeners, delivering a dynamic sound with smooth treble energy, punchy bass, and good overall timbre. However, it may not satisfy the most discerning audiophiles who prioritize resolution and transparency.
5. Compare And Contrast: FD3 Pro Vs. Other IEMs In The Market
When it comes to comparing the FiiO FD3 Pro to other IEMs in the market, two notable contenders are the BQEYZ Autumn and Moondrop Aria. The FD3 Pro stands out due to its energetic and lush bass signature, making it the ideal choice for listeners who enjoy a bassy tonality. It offers a headbanging fun ride with great value, providing an enjoyable listening experience at an affordable price point.
In terms of sound performance, the FD3 Pro has similarities to the Moondrop Aria, with both offering a well-balanced and energetic warmish W shape signature. However, the FD3 Pro has a more boosted mid-bass and thicker mids, while the Aria focuses on a more balanced presentation. The FD3 Pro excels in delivering weighty and punchy bass, but its imaging capabilities are not as strong as the Aria’s.
Compared to the FiiO FH3, the FD3 Pro has a different sound signature, emphasizing a bassier experience. The FH3, on the other hand, provides a more balanced and detailed sound, with clear and detailed vocals. Both IEMs have their strengths, and the choice would largely depend on personal preferences.
- FiiO FD3 Pro:
- Energetic and lush bass signature
- Great value for an enjoyable listening experience
- Boosted mid-bass and thicker mids
- Moondrop Aria:
- Well-balanced and energetic warmish W shape signature
- Strong imaging capabilities
- Balanced presentation
- FiiO FH3:
- Balanced and detailed sound
- Clear and detailed vocals
6. Conclusion: Great Value And Fun Listening Experience
The FiiO FD3 Pro offers an impressive array of features at an affordable price of $140. With its sturdy construction, elegant design, and comfortable fit, it is a well-designed IEM that appeals to both audiophiles and casual listeners.
The FD3 Pro’s sound performance is characterized by its energetic and lush bass signature, which provides a fun and engaging listening experience. While its technical performance is average, it offers good resolution and transparency for most listeners. The wide and tall soundstage contributes to an immersive sound experience.
When comparing the FD3 Pro to other IEMs in the market, it stands out for its bassy tonality and value for money. The generous bundle of accessories and premium build quality add to its appeal.
Overall, the FiiO FD3 Pro is a great choice for those seeking a lively and enjoyable listening experience without breaking the bank.
- Affordable price of $140
- Sturdy construction
- Elegant design
- Comfortable fit
- Energetic and lush bass signature
- Good resolution and transparency
- Wide and tall soundstage
- Bassy tonality
- Value for money
- Generous bundle of accessories
- Premium build quality
- Lively and enjoyable listening experience
What is the difference between FiiO FD3 and FD5?
The FiiO FD3 and FD5 share a common inspiration, but exhibit distinctive differences. While the FD5 features an aluminum shell, the FD3 takes a different approach by incorporating volcanic diffused field technology. Instead of the off-body MMCX plug found on the FD5, the FD3 utilizes a vent on the back of the plug, along with an additional vent on the inner side of the shell. These variations in materials and venting systems contribute to the unique sonic experiences offered by each model.
What is the difference between FiiO FD1 and FD3?
The FiiO FD3, on the other hand, features a larger 12mm beryllium-plated dynamic driver. This results in a more robust driver assembly, with the addition of an acoustic prism for enhanced sound diffusion. The FD3 offers a slight upgrade over the FD1 in terms of driver size and sound diffusion technology, indulging audiophiles with a more immersive audio experience.
What is the price of FiiO FD3?
The FiiO FD3 is priced competitively at ₹21,287, making it a cost-effective option for those looking to enhance their audio experience. This price includes the benefits of signing up for free, such as receiving a GST invoice and potential savings of up to 28% on business purchases.
Is FiiO a Chinese brand?
Yes, FiiO is indeed a Chinese brand. With a focus on catering to the needs of audiophiles and music enthusiasts, FiiO has carved a niche for itself in the market by designing and manufacturing high-quality audio equipment. As a Chinese company, FiiO takes pride in its commitment to providing innovative and reliable audio solutions to its customers worldwide.