Backcountry Iron 12 Inch Smooth Wasatch Pre-Seasoned Round Cast Iron Skillet
- Backcountry Iron’s new 12 inch smooth cast iron heirloom takes inspiration from the classic hand-me-downs of old like the legendary polished cast iron pans made by Wagner and Griswold. Wasatch skillets seek to recapture the former glory of vintage cast iron in the modern day. The machined cooking surface and sides paired with a timeless design create a unique skillet that will leave you speechless. This skillet has a 12 inch diameter, measures 12.50 inches spout to spout, and has a 4.75 inch handle.
- Smooth cast iron provides a more uniform cooking surface that holds an excellent seasoning. Easy release properties keep food from sticking, and creates a better sear with exceptional browning – similar to enameled cast iron. This skillet is great for steaks, one pan meals to feed the whole family or making enough cornbread to feed the neighborhood!
- Our Wasatch cast iron skillets have a glossy cooking surface that can be used with electric, induction or gas stovetops. Toss it in the oven, and even place it on campfires like an outdoorsman. It will retain heat longer and more evenly than other cast iron skillets.
- Wasatch pans are quadruple seasoned with vegetable and grape seed oil, giving it that signature bronze coloring. Cast iron can rust so keep it out of the dishwasher, do not soak overnight, or air dry. Use warm water and scrape off any stuck food with a flat utensil. You can also lightly polish the cooking surface with a stainless steel chainmail scrubber for a smooth patina. Wipe dry immediately after cleaning, and apply a new layer of oil to protect from rust.
- Our heavyweight cast iron skillets are perfect for searing, browning, braising, roasting, or frying meals and gravies alike.