Keychron K4 96% Layout 100 Keys Wireless Bluetooth 5.1/Wired USB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with Gateron G Pro Brown Switch White LED Backlight N-Key Rollover for Mac Windows PC-Version 2
- A 96% layout (100-key) white LED backlight wireless mechanical keyboard with a number pad in a compact design that’s built for productivity and a tactile typing experience.
- Connects with up to 3 devices via Bluetooth and switch among them easily. With high reliable and broad compatibility Broadcom Bluetooth 5.1 chipset, the K4 version 2 is best to fit home, office and light gaming use while connecting with your smartphone, laptop and iPad. It also has wired mode with USB Type-C connection.
- With a unique Mac layout, the K4 has all the necessary Mac function keys while still being compatible with Windows. Extra keycaps for both Windows and Mac operating systems are included.
- The K4 can last up to 240 hours (with backlit disabled) with a 4000 mAh big battery, which is one of the biggest in mechanical keyboards. N-key rollover (NKRO) on wired mode or 6KRO on wireless mode.
- With the Gateron G Pro Mechanical Brown switch providing unrivaled tactile responsiveness with up to 50 million keystroke lifespan. The K4 has enchanting white LED backlight with modern keycap legends to sync with your mood; available in static white or flashing light mode.
The Keychron K4 is a compact wireless mechanical keyboard that aims to strike a balance between portability, functionality, and aesthetics. After putting it through its paces, I’m ready to share my detailed review.
Design and Build Quality
The Keychron K4 boasts a sleek and compact design that’s both modern and eye-catching. It’s available in a range of finishes, and I opted for the aluminum frame version, which not only enhances its aesthetics but also contributes to its overall durability. The keycaps are ABS double-shot, and the legends are clear and resistant to fading.
In terms of build quality, the K4 is commendable. Despite its compact size, it feels surprisingly solid, with minimal flex. The key switches have a pleasant tactile feedback and a satisfying sound profile, which adds to the overall typing experience.
Typing on the Keychron K4 is a delightful experience. The keyboard is equipped with Gateron or Keychron switches, depending on your preference. I chose the Gateron Brown switches for a balanced typing and gaming experience. The keys feel responsive and have just the right amount of actuation force.
One of the standout features of the K4 is its wireless capabilities. It supports both Bluetooth and wired connections, making it highly versatile. I found it effortless to switch between devices, and the keyboard maintained a stable connection with my laptop, tablet, and smartphone.
Keychron provides a user-friendly software interface for customizing the K4 to your preferences. You can easily remap keys, create macros, and fine-tune the RGB backlighting. This level of customization caters to both productivity enthusiasts and gamers.
Battery life is impressive with the K4. Under regular use, it can last for weeks on a single charge, making it ideal for those who prefer wireless keyboards without the hassle of frequent recharging.
In summary, the Keychron K4 is a fantastic wireless mechanical keyboard that offers a sleek design, solid build quality, and an enjoyable typing experience. Its wireless versatility, customization options, and long battery life make it a versatile choice for various users.
While the price might be slightly higher compared to some alternatives, the K4’s features and quality make it well worth the investment. If you’re in search of a compact and wireless mechanical keyboard that doesn’t compromise on functionality, the Keychron K4 is a top contender.
- Sleek and durable design
- Comfortable typing experience
- Wireless connectivity
- User-friendly customization
- Impressive battery life
- Slightly higher price compared to some competitors
Overall Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐